Taylor L.W. Ross
Freelance Editor and Writing Consultant
Writing is my passion. I consider it an honor to work with writers to develop their own craft. While my comments are based on my experience and therefore subjective, my objective as an editor is to align with the writers’ intentions and strengthen their work.
I am a professional writer of culture and lifestyle articles. My work has appeared in Santa Barbara Magazine, Edible Santa Barbara, and CASA Magazine. I hold a BA in English from the University of California, Los Angeles and have participated in writing courses at UCLA and the UCLA Extension Writers’ Program. I am a founding member and have led critiques in my Creative Writers’ Group since 2009. My current project is a 70,000-word New Adult novel in its sixth revision.
PRICES & SERVICES:
- MANUSCRIPT PROOFREADING $20.00 per hour
- Read the manuscript twice
- Eliminate spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors
- Revise sentence structure for clarity and impact
- MANUSCRIPT ANALYSIS $30.00 per hour
- Includes work completed under Manuscript Proofreading
- Provide in-text line edits and margin notes
- Provide a written analysis of the manuscript, suggesting specific solutions to story and structural issues
- TELEPHONE CONFERENCE $25.00 per hour
- Offer further clarification to the Manuscript Proofreading and/or Manuscript Analysis
- Offer verbal feedback on the client’s ideas and answer any client questions
- Brainstorm new ideas with the client
- TURNAROUND TIME: I provide an estimated return date when you submit your writing. Your work deserves quality attention, and my response time will vary depending on the size of your piece.
- BILLING: Payment is expected via check or PayPal. Client will be invoiced upon completion of service, including any mailing, telephone, and printing expenses. Client should expect delivery of Manuscript Proofreading and Analysis results within 24 hours of payment, if electronic, and 3-5 business days via postal mail. Telephone Conference payment is expected within 24 hours of conference completion if electronic, and 3-5 business days via postal mail.
- MANUSCRIPT FORMAT: Email documents as Microsoft Word. Documents should be double-spaced, 12-point type, Times New Roman or Courier font, with 1-inch margins.
- All client work is confidential.